Husband has been very sick with the shingles so I shouldn't have tried to download v7. First I clicked on the full program instead of the update (where was my mind?) Then while installing said it could not install the strings table. Screen froze, then said please wait...initializing strings table. 15 minutes later nothing had changed...tried to escape...then came a screen abort-retry-ignore. Tried retry several times finally resorted to ignore and away it went.

Did not put my project into v7 as I wasn't sure if the installation was complete. The sample project extremely slow and everyone says v7 is so much faster. Sent message to support but they have not answered yet...too many people like me, I suppose. Any answers? Very disapointed about not getting to use the program--never had any trouble updating befofe!

Pauline Ballentine

That's the first I've heard about strings, but tech support does look at these messages.

Something isn't right, for sure.

I might as well pass along my shingles story. My sister's mother in law had tried several medicines for shingles and nothing seemed to work. One night she grabbed the wrong thing by mistake and it started to have an effect. After several more days (?) of this, they were gone.

What was it? Colgate toothpaste ... and you don't need a prescription.

Edited by retsof