Arockef

V7 performing very slowly in Windows Vista

I am running Windows Vista Premium Home Edition. The Version 7 software runs sluggishly at best - it often stops and Vista reports that the program is not responding. After waiting from about 15 seconds to up to 2 minutes, the software begins functioning again. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem, or if there are any solutions to speed it up.

As the program is currently behaving on my machine with slow response to not responding for periods of time makes the program difficult to use. I would sure like to get this figured out and resolved.

I am running Windows Vista Premium Home Edition. The Version 7 software runs sluggishly at best - it often stops and Vista reports that the program is not responding. After waiting from about 15 seconds to up to 2 minutes, the software begins functioning again. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem, or if there are any solutions to speed it up.

As the program is currently behaving on my machine with slow response to not responding for periods of time makes the program difficult to use. I would sure like to get this figured out and resolved.

I see no special speed difference btw v6 and v7 both running side by side on my Vista Business Dell.

TorleifH

task manager - ctl-alt-delete - Is any other rogue program taking a lot of computer time? Our own rogues may be in the line of descent, but that doesn't count.

What about a cleanup and defrag of the hard drive?

Once the V7 data has been converted from V6, or even every now and then, it could stand to be optimized/validated/optimized/backed up.

Edited by retsof

I'd also check memory for the Vista machine, especially if it wasn't built for Vista. Vista uses a lot of resources, and you may just be seeing the computer running out of resources. Using it on XP, it is faster except for when the fans cut on. For some reason, that will slow it down temporarily.