mairicam

Bugs in Research Log

Bug #1

Research Task Log

When trying to add a new task, the research task screen comes up with the comment of the last selected task, rather than with an empty comment box. The task name is blank as it should be.

Bug #2

Research Task

While the bold/italic formatting is honored on the research task screen it still shows the code on the preview screen in the Research Task Log. And that is the place I would like to read the contents with ease.

Bug #3

When I edit any of the tasks (other than the one on the top of the list) and return to the Research Log, the last task on the list forms the first line of the list, and you have to scroll up to see the other tasks. It should automatically show all the tasks.

Hope these issues can be fixed in the next release

Marianne

Research Task Log

I too have had a problem with trying to "Add" a new Task (for a Focus Person). I stumbled upon this solution....make sure there is no Person id # in the Focus field (in the Status window at the bottom right of the screen in the Research Log).

Or another way to Add a new task for a Focus Person is to "Copy" one of the existing tasks for the Focus Person (with the person's id # included in the Focus field), then either click on the new copied task or hightlight it and click "Edit" to open the Research Task screen. Just delete the information and you've got a new "Research Task" screen.

I was told that this is a known bug that will be corrected in the next update (when ???)

Nicole

I am using v7.03 Gold. "Bug #2" still occurs. Was this ever verified as a real bug or can nothing be done? When I browse the List of Tasks, the embedded codes in the Comment field are very distracting.

TerriC

I am using v7.03 Gold. "Bug #2" still occurs. Was this ever verified as a real bug or can nothing be done? When I browse the List of Tasks, the embedded codes in the Comment field are very distracting.

It's not a bug but just how it currently works.

I wrote up the issue and asked whether it is possible to use the newer memo control for that field so that the formatted text will be displayed.

More...

We actually took a crack at this when it came up earlier and ran into a bug with the control when using it in the read/only field in the Research Log. However, the programmer tried again today and found a way around the bug so display of formatting should be implemented in the next update.