tomcoughlan

TMG performance issue with Clooz 2.

Hi.

I use TMG6.12 (UK edition). I recently installed the trial version of Clooz 2 and sampled it. After closing it, I opened TMG and found the performance very sluggish - opening/closing/copying project all took an age, as did generating reports. I restarted the PC, and this time did not start Clooz, but when I opened TMG I got the same very slow responses.

I uninstalled Clooz and tried TMG again, with the same result.

Then I restored my system to the pre-Clooz installation point and retried TMG. Performance was completely restored to normal.

I just wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences? And if so, does this imply that Clooz is a no-no if one wants to keep a smoothly running TMG?

Tom

I used to use Clooz, but after switching to TMG I found it more work than it was worth. Too much redundant data entry. I kept my document numbering scheme, and just enter the number in TMG, depending on the source type the document number goes in the citation reference field or the repository reference field.

I used to use Clooz, but after switching to TMG I found it more work than it was worth. Too much redundant data entry. I kept my document numbering scheme, and just enter the number in TMG, depending on the source type the document number goes in the citation reference field or the repository reference field.

Yes, that's a very good point about redundant data entry, and one that does concern me about Clooz (and a similar British product Custodian). On the other hand I am looking for something to create an inventory of all my sources, including what names are mentioned within them. I have a few TMG projects on the go, and at least some of the people in my sources do not relate to any of them. I suppose a simple database in Access would not be beyond me as a last resort.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom