dsmer

Error preventing adding a father

Hi

I have restored a V6 project from an .sqz file into V7. It works fine for a period, but when I try to add a father to an existing person I get the popups as attached. After that my V7 project is unusable. And no renumbering or index rebuild helps me.

Do you have any explanation? Or a fix?

Best rgds,

Michael Erichsen

Hi

I have restored a V6 project from an .sqz file into V7. It works fine for a period, but when I try to add a father to an existing person I get the popups as attached. After that my V7 project is unusable. And no renumbering or index rebuild helps me.

Do you have any explanation? Or a fix?

Best rgds,

Michael Erichsen

Michael,

seems to me that this situation was already reported to the developers.

Could you please try to attach / post the popups you're seeing to this topic?

Or simply make a copy of the following TMG file "Error.txt" and post it here.

Which OS do you use? ...and could you please provide more details about your computer... memory, etc.?

That would be great and surely would help to trigger down what causes this behavior.

Thanks.

I would have been surprised to be the only one.

I tried to attach the popups as jpeg's. But that feature does not seem to work for me on Firefox.

But here is the same messages from error.txt:

2008.01.08, 15:05:17 2199Error building key for index "c:\workspaces\tmg\michaelerichsen_n.cdx" tag "Sort5". 234 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE

2008.01.08, 15:05:20 5Record is out of range. 313 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE

I am running on a Lenovo T60 with 2 GB RAM, plenty of hard disk and Windows XP SP2

I am running TMG with Danish Language turned on. Running in English (US) makes no difference.

I tried to open the Sample project. That works fine.

Should I upload my 150 MB .sqz file somewhere for the testers?

Best rgds,

Michael

I tried to attach the popups as jpeg's. But that feature does not seem to work for me on Firefox.

Many thanks, Michael. The ability to make attachments to forum posts doesn't seem to be working actually. Sorry for the inconvinience.

But here is the same messages from error.txt:

2008.01.08, 15:05:17 2199Error building key for index "c:\workspaces\tmg\michaelerichsen_n.cdx" tag "Sort5". 234 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE

2008.01.08, 15:05:20 5Record is out of range. 313 FRMADDPERSON.MSAVE

OK, thanks again. That's the issue already reported to the developers.

I am running on a Lenovo T60 with 2 GB RAM, plenty of hard disk and Windows XP SP2

I am running TMG with Danish Language turned on. Running in English (US) makes no difference.

I tried to open the Sample project. That works fine.

Should I upload my 150 MB .sqz file somewhere for the testers?

That already helps.

In case it might be necessary to upload a backup of your project we will let you know. So please stay tuned.

I've another question to you, Michael - regarding the size of your project backup file (150 MB).

I would guess that it includes exhibits, right?

How large is a backup file of your project WITHOUT any exhibits included - just the pure project?

Why? What? You don't think you'll like my pictures???

Anyway. Without them we are down to 14 MB.

Pls let me know if there is anything I can test or should try to change.

Best rgds, Michael

I had the same problem but I think I found a fix. I got the error message when I used the add husband button on the custom toolbar, but I went into the toolbar menu and recreated the add husband, wife, father, mother etc buttons and now they work.

Hi Charles

Thank you, but I am afraid that the problem is in the underlying data structure somewhere rather than in the button setup.

Best rgds, Michael

Hi Charles

Thank you, but I am afraid that the problem is in the underlying data structure somewhere rather than in the button setup.

Best rgds, Michael

That's correct, Michael. Your issue is not related to use of buttons.

As you know I am already working with your project to get it fixed... and be sure I will fix it. ;)