Jack D. Lovelace

Change Focus to this person NOT highlighted in V7

I am running a system with three monitors. I run TMG v7 on two of these monitors. On one monitor I have the Details Screen. On the second monitor I have the Project Explorer, Siblings, Children and Flags.

When I select a married couple with two children and then select one of the children as the principal on the Details Screen the other child shows up in the Siblings window, as expected. However, when I right-click on the sibling in the Siblings Window, the "Change focus to this person" menu item is not highlighted. To make the sibling in the Siblings Window the focus person in the Details Window, I must select one of the parents from the Details Window and make the parent the focus person. I can then select the desired child from the Details screen.

This only happens when there are two siblings in a family. If there are three, or more, siblings, the "Change focus to this person" menu item is highlighted and can be used to make the seclected sibling the focus person in the Details screen.

Why don't you just double-click on the person you want to be the focus person.

In the situation I described, double clicking on the individual in the Siblings Window does not make that person the focus person in the Detail Window.

This only happens when there are two siblings in a family. If there are three, or more, siblings, the "Change focus to this person" menu item is highlighted and can be used to make the seclected sibling the focus person in the Details screen.

Strange. I can't replicate that and get the right-click menu option. Did you try double-clicking on the sibling's name in the Siblings window to see if that works?

I am running a system with three monitors. I run TMG v7 on two of these monitors. On one monitor I have the Details Screen. On the second monitor I have the Project Explorer, Siblings, Children and Flags.

When I select a married couple with two children and then select one of the children as the principal on the Details Screen the other child shows up in the Siblings window, as expected. However, when I right-click on the sibling in the Siblings Window, the "Change focus to this person" menu item is not highlighted. To make the sibling in the Siblings Window the focus person in the Details Window, I must select one of the parents from the Details Window and make the parent the focus person. I can then select the desired child from the Details screen.

Jack, I have been able to replicate that in the Sample project. Seems to only be the top person when there are specifically two persons in that window. It has been reported.

Virginia