tlc

unable to make changes to sentence structure

When I attempt to change the sentence structure of ANY tag type using the tag type definition screen, I find that there is nothing in the right hand box of the Roles & Sentences tab.....so there's nothing to edit.

I made changes to sentences in version 6 without any problems, so I'm not sure if this is a version 7 issue or if there is something more sinister going on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Teresa

When I attempt to change the sentence structure of ANY tag type using the tag type definition screen, I find that there is nothing in the right hand box of the Roles & Sentences tab.....so there's nothing to edit.

I made changes to sentences in version 6 without any problems, so I'm not sure if this is a version 7 issue or if there is something more sinister going on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Teresa

teresa

Check two things

1) That you are in advanced mode (In the file menu under prefeences)

2) that the language that you are using is the language with your sentences in (English (US) , English (UK) etc).(In the file menu under languages)

Sounds like you are working in a Language other than English (US) - maybe English (UK)? If so, there is no default sentence in English (UK), and the one for English (US) is used.

The easiest solution is to click the language drop-down and change it to English (US), copy the Sentence, change the language back, and then edit.

Our, you may want to use John Cardial's TMG Utility to copy all the US sentences to English (UK). There is some discussion of that in my Language Article that may be helpful.

But, there is no change in this from TMG6, so I'm wondering what has happened on your system? Have you changed the working language for some reason? You might want to figure this out before making any changes as I've describe above.

Hi Terry & Peter,

Yes - you are correct about the language. When I upgraded to v7, I chose the UK Gold edition because it suits my needs better.....so if the default language for this is English (UK) then I guess that could explain why things are different to v6.

Anyway, you've solved my problem, so thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Teresa

You are welcome. :)

If you have changed permanently from English (US) to English (UK) you probably should copy all the sentences as described in the article I referenced.

If you have created local sentences in any tags you need to copy those too, because they will be ignored if you print your reports using English(UK).

Also, if you transferred your report definitions from TMG6 to 7, each existing saved report def will need to have the language changed.