charleslmayfield

"Cannot add wife to empty dataset"

:(

In my project GWM__.PJC I only have one dataset. I tried to Add--wife to an individual and got "It is not possible to add person to an empty project. Please, go to Data set Manager and create new data set."

Now, why would I want to do that, when I already have an active dataset with over 60000 people in it.... <g>

Here's a report from the same dataset right after the fault message showed up.

Individual Narrative of Victor Rex Mayfield (62083)

Victor Rex Mayfield (62083)[1],[2],[3] was born on 2 Feb 1920 in Prospect, Marion County, Ohio.[4] He died on 1

Jan 1997 in Aultman Hospital, Canton, Stark County, Ohio, at age 76 (heart attack).[5],[6]

**FOOTNOTES**

[1]:Patricia A Smith, "Re: [MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield, 1920-1997," e-mail message to Mayfield List,

30 Apr 2007. Hereinafter cited as "Re: [MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield."

[2]:Smith, "Re: [MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield," e-mail to Mayfield List, 30 Apr 2007.

[3]:Smith, "Re: [MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield," e-mail to Mayfield List, 30 Apr 2007.

[4]:Smith, "Re: [MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield," e-mail to Mayfield List, 30 Apr 2007.

[5]:Smith, "Re: [MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield," e-mail to Mayfield List, 30 Apr 2007.

[6]:Patricia A Smith, "[MAYFIELD] Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield, 1920-1997," e-mail message to Mayfield List, 30

Apr 2007. Hereinafter cited as "Obit - Victor Rex Mayfield."

I had the same problem the first time I edited my project after the update to 7.0. I think it was caused by the fact I have moved my projects out of the default project folder (as well as every other folder listed on the Advanded Options screen of the current project). Even though I identified the new locations in my preferences screens the program seems to lose track (with my repeat values also).

I was able to get around it by using the "Add Person" window. After adding the first person the program seemed to be ok as far as adding people. However, there is still a problem with finding my repeat values.

I've had the same problem several times in the past two hours of data entry. The only thing that works for me is to leave the program and reopen it. That works till the next time it happens . . . :( Could someone let us know a fix. I have only one dataset so why would I want to create a new one?