MsScarlet1957

Backup botton lost in V7?

In V 6 I had a backup button in a custom toolbar and I linked it to a backup configuration that I liked.

Thus when I wanted to do a backup I just hit that button and it did a backup without even opening the options/settings window.

I loved it!

I just installed V 7 and my button is GONE

so I figured... I will create the button again..

I opened the "customize" area and under "unused buttons" and "FILE MENU" there is no sign of "backup"

IMHO this could mean that TMG already "knows" there is a backup botton "somewhere" (although I have no idea where it went if that is the case)

or

that WG took that option out with V 7 (which I find hard to believe)

anyone else have this problem?

If you included your custom toolbar in the backup and restore process when you moved from TMG 6 to TMG 7 that button should be there.

If you didn't, you can indeed recreate it. The "Run a backup of a specifid name" item is about the 8th from the bottom of the list of "Unused Buttons" in the Custom Toolbar Manager.

If you included your custom toolbar in the backup and restore process when you moved from TMG 6 to TMG 7 that button should be there.

If you didn't, you can indeed recreate it. The "Run a backup of a specifid name" item is about the 8th from the bottom of the list of "Unused Buttons" in the Custom Toolbar Manager.

Thanks Terry!

DUH, I guess I should have looked with my "eyes open" and would have found it at the bottom like you said. Yep there it is!

I "thought" when I created my backup I had checked off all the boxes that were in the list!

guess I didn't.... ;-)

I appreciate your rapid response, I have my button back! Hurray!