Dorothyt

Importing v4.0d into v7

Customer writes

I called up a sample project and clicked on the import button in the file menu. I selected to import a .SQZ file into the new program using the simple wizard option. The new version was able to tell that I had some 49000+ names in the .SQZ file which was encouraging. I made it to the final step and clicked the "finish" button, and up popped a window entitled "ltocx13n.ocx" and it is looking for a file type with a .ocx extension on it. I am unable to find anything with that extension.

When I click "cancel", I get the following pop up:

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered 44

FRMWIZ4TO5.WIZPAGEFRAME1PAGE4.CON.MFINISH

=====

I was able to import this v4.0d backup file without any errors.

Could this problem be caused by a bad install?

If it's a .SQZ backup file, the project should be RESTORED, not imported. Try that. Caution: Any data in the project will be written over.

Do you mean your sample project, or the V7 sample project?

It should end up with a project with the same name as the .SQZ file after the restore.

Edited by retsof

If it's a .SQZ backup file, the project should be RESTORED, not imported. Try that. Caution: Any data in the project will be written over.

Do you mean your sample project, or the V7 sample project?

It should end up with a project with the same name as the .SQZ file after the restore.

If the .sqz file is from v4.0d as indicated in the heading then it has to be imported...you cannot restore a v4.xx .sqz file in v.5/6/7...

I made it to the final step and clicked the "finish" button, and up popped a window entitled "ltocx13n.ocx" and it is looking for a file type with a .ocx extension on it.

This is a bug which should be fixed in v7.01. The code is looking for the wrong version of the control.