RHandwerk

Disappearing mouse

Does anyone know why the mouse arrow disappears...

On some of the Dialog boxes and Tag boxes, the "OK' key remains highlighted, even when you use your mouse to fill in the the data. When I am finished, instead of moving the mouse down to the "OK" button, I just leave the mouse arrow wherever it is in the Dialog box, and hit the "Enter" key on the keyboard.

The Dialog box closes, saving the information, but the mouse arrow disappears from the screen. I end up having to tap the right or left mouse button several times, to get the arrow to come back>

Does anyone know what this is, and if it is a program error that needs to be fixed??? It does not matter what Dialog or Tag box I use.

It is annoying!

Thanks!

Richard Handwerk

This is a variant of a problem that also exists in TMG v7 which I identified and reported.

It happens on some dialogs if you exit that dialog with Enter or F9, but works as expected if you click the OK button.

To get the mouse cursor back move the mouse so that it would move into another pane on the screen.

Hopefully it will get fixed in an upgrade to TMG v7.

Hi Robin !!

Thanks a million for the reply! It is an irritating problem and makes it difficult when I am entering data really fast!!

I hope they find a fix for it!

Richard

This is a variant of a problem that also exists in TMG v7 which I identified and reported.

It happens on some dialogs if you exit that dialog with Enter or F9, but works as expected if you click the OK button.

To get the mouse cursor back move the mouse so that it would move into another pane on the screen.

Hopefully it will get fixed in an upgrade to TMG v7.

Is this with the new Vista or the older Microsoft operating systems?