coldan

Ver 6 data files possibly currupt

I believe my ver 6 data set is probably corrupt as the problem I have restoring it into ver 7 is the same no matter which back up I use.

The data works fine in Ver 6, altho there is evidence of a problem with it

I have made a number of backups in Ver 6, and they all report the same problem when restored into ver 7 (please see my earlier unanswered post)

The restore is being pointed to a sub folder in the default Ver 7 location

The Restore seems to work fine, it is during the initialization/indexing operations, etc afterwards where things go wrong.

I am using a number of Place Styles and from messages in TMG-L I suspect that these may be an issue.

Will someone in the know, please have a look at my data set backup (which I will send on request) and repair it if necessary and possible, It is approaching 40M without images.

Colin

I believe my ver 6 data set is probably corrupt as the problem I have restoring it into ver 7 is the same no matter which back up I use.

The data works fine in Ver 6, altho there is evidence of a problem with it

I have made a number of backups in Ver 6, and they all report the same problem when restored into ver 7 (please see my earlier unanswered post)

The restore is being pointed to a sub folder in the default Ver 7 location

The Restore seems to work fine, it is during the initialization/indexing operations, etc afterwards where things go wrong.

I am using a number of Place Styles and from messages in TMG-L I suspect that these may be an issue.

Will someone in the know, please have a look at my data set backup (which I will send on request) and repair it if necessary and possible, It is approaching 40M without images.

Colin

Just a few guesses. If it is not one of the following, then I'm out of ideas.

1. You say there is evidence of a problem in your V6 dataset. Have you done the V6 file maintenence functions- VFI and Optimize until there are no errors detected, then generate your V6 dataset Backup?

2. Did you restart your operating system (Windows/Vista?) after successfully installing V7 and before restoring your Backup?

3. Did you delete the bad V7 dataset before trying to restore a new one? (this is grabbing at straws, but couldn't hurt)

Good luck,

Mike Talbot

Just a few guesses. If it is not one of the following, then I'm out of ideas.

1. You say there is evidence of a problem in your V6 dataset. Have you done the V6 file maintenence functions- VFI and Optimize until there are no errors detected, then generate your V6 dataset Backup?

2. Did you restart your operating system (Windows/Vista?) after successfully installing V7 and before restoring your Backup?

3. Did you delete the bad V7 dataset before trying to restore a new one? (this is grabbing at straws, but couldn't hurt)

Good luck,

Mike Talbot

Yes to all three Thank you mike