Robert Stoy

Behavior of Siblings Window

When double-clicking on a person's name in the Details window, Children window or Associates window, the focus changes to the person clicked. However, when double-clicking a person in the Siblings window, this doesn't happen and the "Change focus to this person" on the right-click menu is greyed out. Can the behavior of the Siblings window be changed to be the same as the other windows in a next release?

Is this true for every focus person? Or just some? Does the number of individuals in the Siblings window matter?

There is an issue (that I'm not clear about) and this should be fixed in v7.01. Other than that, navigation from the Siblings window works perfectly for me.

Is this true for every focus person? Or just some? Does the number of individuals in the Siblings window matter?

There is an issue (that I'm not clear about) and this should be fixed in v7.01. Other than that, navigation from the Siblings window works perfectly for me.

Hi Jim

I have been having a similar issue, but have not reported it because I can never replicate it after it happens. This has been happening to me in the Details window. Occasionally, I find that I when I Dbl-Click on the name of an individual's Father or Mother in the Details window, nothing happens. However, if I then use some other means to move away from the current person, and then come back to him, Dbl-Clicking on his Father or Mother then works fine. But I haven't been able to isolate any common denominator at all:

It doesn't always happen on the same person.

It doesn't seem to matter whether other windows (such as the Project Explorer) are open or not.

My actions prior to this happening have been a wide variety of things.

It does not appear to be linked to something like having had a specific tag open immediately before it happens.

Fortunately, it seems to happen relatively infrequently, and it is easy for me to work around it.

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland