Judi I

F2 Shortcut for Address field

I find by inserting my cursor into the first address field and selecting F2, I will get a "fastfield" window to choose the place I need to insert and then it automatically fills it in. However, in viewing this column, I find there are too many old sources to choose from of the same places. I would like to fix this by eliminating all but the ones I need. I have imported everything from my Family Tree program to TMG and have to clean up everything anyway.

I would like to clean up this column of too many sources. How do I do this?

You seem to be saying that you want to clean up the Master Place List of unused places (which is not exactly the same thing that you see using F2 from a place field). Run File / Maintenance / Optimize and see if that helps with the F2 list.

Hi, Judi

It sounds like you are pressing F2 in the Address field of the Tag Entry Screen and getting the Place List ("fastfield" window). After you run File / Maintenance / Optimize as Jim suggested, you may want to look at Help / Master Place List for tips on cleaning up that list after your import. Sometimes place names are imported into the wrong fields and need realigning. Let us know if you have any more questions -

Virginia