salconflu

Working with Place Data

I am wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for documenting Canadian and UK jurisdictions. I am finding some important differences especially with the use of civil parishes in England that don't correspond with those given in the Standard US Place Style.

On another note, I wish place selections could be made from the existing master place list when entering new data. <_<

I solved this issue by creating 4 additional Place Styles: Ontario (they have counties but province instead of state), BC (we don't have counties but in early days had districts), UK & 'My US' - this is for NY State as they use 'Town' instead of Township like Ontario and I have a lot of ancestors from NY pre-Revolution. This works very well although I wasn't successful in getting the order of the place names correct.

Good luck!

B)

Joan

I am wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for documenting Canadian and UK jurisdictions. I am finding some important differences especially with the use of civil parishes in England that don't correspond with those given in the Standard US Place Style.

<snip><_<