pandamae

"cannot quit visual FoxPro" MESSAGE

Help! I am Salt Lake City researching in the FHL as I key this. I am totally locked in FoxPro and cannot access any projects. Any suggestions? I will call Tech Support early tomorrow (Friday) and hope for the best. I just installed 7.0 on my laptop just before I left. My main program is on my desktop and is still 6.x, with 7.0 not yet installed.

I am able to use the internet, just not TMG.

Thanks,

Connie

cbikowski@new.rr.com

I haven't seen any responses so .... if worse comes to worse, you might have to restore the project from a previous backup. The database may have become corrupted.

Edited by retsof

I found this message via search for "cannot quit visual fox pro"

In similar circumstances I had my new Netbook freeze with this message when I tried to close down TMG UK 7.04 last night.

Alt control and delete did not work either, because in closing TMG it returns one to the exit screen

-so I switched off.

I had the computer freeze twice but the second time was not with TMG it was with the computer help file - although I think TMG was still open. And again refused to close.

I shall report this to tech help, but should add that I have not had it happen before on the four or five previous occasions when I have opened and navigated TMG UK 7 on this new Netbook.

Like you I was trying out a new Netbook. In fact I was not actually "using" TMG. I had TMG open because I was teaching myself to use the touch pad mouse on my new computer - and my mishandling the mouse and also having a USB mouse plugged in without disabling the touch pad, could have spelled trouble.

When one buys a lap top or netbook there are countless little tasks that the computer sets itself. For instance, I use it without internet contact. So the lap top busies itself by looking for internet contact to update its security - which is perfectly valid.

Another difference between TMG on my desk top and the net book is that at home I dont show the Project explorer in my layout. But the extra width of the netbook, offered this as a possibilty and JIm's lay out brought the person details screen to the centre, which I liked.

Yet another difference between my desk top and lap top is that the default for windows xp on the new computer is like html with a back arrow leading to where you were before.

I hope your problem got solved.

Evelyn

Edited by E Wilcock