JohnR

Index error

I keep getting "index does not match the table. Delete the index file and re-create the index. 4204 CINTLSTRING.RESOURCEINSERT"

The machine has had maintenance run several times and the error message still pops up, last time was when I went to the pick-list. Could someone please suggest what index this is and where it might be?

John

How long has it been since a backup? If it is recent, simply restore from that. The system will reindex.

Preanswer:

V7 may or may not be different. I haven't had this problem:

In TMG V6 it was possible to delete ALL of the indexes, and run a reindex.

Edited by retsof

I keep getting "index does not match the table. Delete the index file and re-create the index. 4204 CINTLSTRING.RESOURCEINSERT"

It's not clear from the message which index file is being referred to.

1) Delete all of the index files in the project folder (.CDX files) and then start the program and see if that fixed it.

2) If not, delete all of the files in the Repeat_files folder (located in the user data folder) and see if that works.

There are other index files but those are a good place to start. Let me know what happens. In the meantime, I'll track the source of the message.

It's not clear from the message which index file is being referred to.

1) Delete all of the index files in the project folder (.CDX files) and then start the program and see if that fixed it.

2) If not, delete all of the files in the Repeat_files folder (located in the user data folder) and see if that works.

There are other index files but those are a good place to start. Let me know what happens. In the meantime, I'll track the source of the message.

I'll try your suggestion; it may be some time before I can let you know if it worked as I am on a really flakey connection from the middle of the desert somewhere.

John,

I got that wrong.

Delete the strings.cdx file in the shared program data folder. The next time that you run the program after that, the strings database will be reindexed.

The default paths would be:

Windows Vista

C:\ProgramData\The Master Genealogist v7\strings.cdx

or

Windows XP and Windows 2000

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\The Master Genealogist v7\strings.cdx

Jim