CaseyC

Selecting paper sizes on the print menu....

I have two printers that will handle 11 x 17 paper size. However, when printing to either of them, only 8.5 x 11 and A4 show up as the paper sizes to select from. Additionally, my LaserJet 5000N has 4 paper trays with four different sizes of media. The drop down for the tray selection only shows two. How can I get all of my options to show in the print menus???? TMG is the only app that I have this problem with.....

Thanks,

Klaus Dieter Cook

Houston, Texas

Klaus,

This may be a limitation of the separate report writer product that TMG uses since the TMG Help documentation for Printer Setup states:

To select the paper size: Click the down arrow and select from the list. Your choices are: Letter, Legal, or A4

I interpret this as these are the only choices. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the internals of the software and this separate report writer package will be able to give a more complete answer.

In the meantime, as a work-around, have you tried to set the Properties of the MS Windows Default Printer to a specific size and paper tray and then just have the TMG Printer Setup point to and use the default printer? I don't have the luxury of a multi-tray printer to test this, but this might at least give you a way to get what you need.

Hope this gives you ideas,