PeterH

OCX file missing

I get a message when importing my TMG file from Version 4 to Version 7 asking where is location of the file of type OCX. I am not sure where this file is located or what it is?

I get a message when importing my TMG file from Version 4 to Version 7 asking where is location of the file of type OCX. I am not sure where this file is located or what it is?
A new V7 project should be RESTORED from a V4 .SQZ backup, I would think, not imported.

I use import for bringing gedcoms into an existing V7 project as a separate dataset. The new dataset can then be merged with the existing dataset in the dataset manager. That is a different animal.

Edited by retsof

No, Projects from V5 and V6 are Restored. V4 was a completely different program, and data sets from that program must be Imported.

The missing OCX file is a known issue and should be resolved in the next update.

Guest PhilDee

Peter,

If you send a copy of your V4 backup file to phild@whollygenes.com I'll see what I can do about getting into V7 format for you.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support

Just downloaded update 7, and have the same problem. This is bad , since one of the first steps is to import ver.4 files to the new program!!!!!

Any help so I can import will be great.

Guy

Just downloaded update 7, and have the same problem. This is bad , since one of the first steps is to import ver.4 files to the new program!!!!!

Any help so I can import will be great.

Email Phil in Tech Support. phild@whollygenes.com