Kay Schmidt

Ind Nar report not working

I have just reinstalled v6 on a new computer (Windows XP) and restored my projects with all customizations. In the process I reorganized the file structure to be more like that used by TMG7. In My Documents, I now have a TMG Projects folder with a subfolder for each project, a TMG Backup folder for backups, and a TMG Reports folder for report output. I did not change anything in the C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist folder.

I can run the Individual Narrative report from the Reports menu just fine, but the Ind Nar Preview report on the Reports Toolbar doesn't work. I get an error message that says: "The folder C:\Documents and Settings\Kay Schmidt\My Documents\Kay\Genealogy\Reports does not exist." That was the old location for report output. Anyway, TMG freezes and I have to Check for Update to exit. I get the same error again asking if I want to create a new folder (I don't). If I say no, it takes clicking Abort twice to kill TMG.

Any ideas on how to get the button on the Report Toolbar to work would be much appreciated.

... Kay Schmidt

Oregon

On the Report menu, go to the Individual Narrative report, and in the dropdown list in the configuration name, select Individual Narrative preview and change the output location there. That should work.

Virginia

On the Report menu, go to the Individual Narrative report, and in the dropdown list in the configuration name, select Individual Narrative preview and change the output location there. That should work.

Virginia

Thanks, Virginia. I thought I had tried everything, but that did the trick!

... Kay Schmidt