GJohnson

Can we add e-mail addresses and GPS Coords?

I'm using v6.12 and my goal is to get these 4 types of personal information to appear on my SecondSite web page, for each person: phone number(s), e-mail address(es), street address(es) and GPS coordinate(s). This would be useful for the living relatives, to help keep us in communication.

In my TMG software, the 'Address' and 'Telephone' tags appear identical; both have fields for one address, one phone #, and one lat/lon. Where is the best place to put e-mail addresses? And how do I enter multiples of these things for a given person?

Any recommendations on the best way to add this data to each person, so it will appear best on my web site?

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

SoCal

TMG Novice

Edited by GJohnson

Yes, just create a place style that has those fields and use it. HOw exactly are you planning on recording the GPS coordinates for a person. I tend to move around alot during the day and tracking that is sometimes hard for my boss or husband, much less a genealogist in another city. :)

I have create a new tag called "email" so that I can keep them handy for a quick sort.

I just enter the email into the notes area, and the date it was last current in the date part (of course).

folks are always changing servers and email addresses! Drives me nutty! :o