stony157

Open File window opens when name is clicked

On clicking a name to look at that individual's record, the Open File window opens every time. Is this a bug or option I can change? How do I fix this? I use TMG 7 and have never run into this problem before.

On clicking a name to look at that individual's record, the Open File window opens every time. Is this a bug or option I can change? How do I fix this? I use TMG 7 and have never run into this problem before.

I get the same thing on V7 and I have listed this before with no response.

I just hit cancel and that works for me but it is a pain in the :wub:.,l,'l,

Kenny

I just started having this problem recently as well (after version 7 working normally for quite some time). I have found if you run VFI the problem goes away until you close your project even though VFI reports no errors. Now if I could only make it disappear permanently....

Try running a sequence of Optimize / VFI / Optimize until no more errors are reported in VFI. Optimize includes Reindex, so should help if it is an indexing problem.

If you are using the Project Explorer (PE) linked, have you noticed whether this seems to happen more often with a particular Sort Order in the PE?

When you get the Open File window, I would shut TMG down and reopen it - not try to continue that session in case there is an underlying problem.

Virginia

Try running a sequence of Optimize / VFI / Optimize until no more errors are reported in VFI. Optimize includes Reindex, so should help if it is an indexing problem.

If you are using the Project Explorer (PE) linked, have you noticed whether this seems to happen more often with a particular Sort Order in the PE?

When you get the Open File window, I would shut TMG down and reopen it - not try to continue that session in case there is an underlying problem.

Virginia

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I cannot switch people at all without the open dialog box appearing. I've run optimize several times today alone, and VFI hasn't reported any errors for at least the last 10 times it's been run.

Edit: I just opened the sample project and then opened my own project and the problem seems to have disappeared. Hope this helps anyone else experiencing this problem.

Edited by Alison

Edit: I just opened the sample project and then opened my own project and the problem seems to have disappeared. Hope this helps anyone else experiencing this problem.

Could be a clue, Alison. Do you have the Welcome Window enabled? If not, you might try opening TMG with that and then selecting your project.

Are your projects located in the default v7 locations?

Virginia