MsScarlet1957

ROPROTECTIONMAN error?

I am not sure why this has started happening to me.

and I have not pinpointed what to do to duplicate it.

but I do know with "Alt-Tab" back n forth my TMG Used to suddenly CLOSE down with no warning.

This is a "new" problem. Again I am still doing a lot of Alt-Tab, but I have even had it happen without that.

Suddenly when I click on the Icon to add a new person the program has all buttons grey out, including the shut down button.

My only recourse is to do a "ctrl+alt+delete" at which time once I click on shut down TMG, in the background TMG has a window pop open saying "Unknown member ROPROTECTIONMAN" and so I down the Windows task manager, and hit the OK button on the TMG error window and TMG then closes immediately.

I can then wait a bit and re-open TMG and do nothing at all, but hit the add a person icon and have it happen again, right off the bat!

I have done the reindex/optimize/validate.. I have rebooted my machine...

What is worse I do have times when I can add a new person with no problem as well!

So that does not help any with duplicating the problem

this does not "always" happen immediately upon opening my TMG.

I do know it is only happening when I click on the Add aperson icon for some reason.

I can edit and add tags with no problem..

This was NOT happening until just yesterday.

I have not installed any new hardware or software for well over a week.

Anyone have any idea what to do to stop it??

This is a known problem when using the Add Person icon if Allow Multiple Monitors is selected in Preferences > Program Options > Other. The Add Person screen is opening off screen. When that happens, pressing the Escape button will free TMG.

You can still use multiple monitors when this option is de-selected.

Virginia

This is a known problem when using the Add Person icon if Allow Multiple Monitors is selected in Preferences > Program Options > Other. The Add Person screen is opening off screen. When that happens, pressing the Escape button will free TMG.

You can still use multiple monitors when this option is de-selected.

Virginia

Thanks so much Virginia!

I had the multiple monitors selected, my hubby bought me an extra one for Valentines day!

I will de-select it.

WOW has this problem been frustrating!

I am so glad it will now be fixed! :D

I too have this problem. I am trying to get a Family Group Sheet. I MUST SAY THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, BUT IS FRUSTRATING WHEN IT DOES.

-If I save the program will calculate for 35 people, then come up with a totally different records than asked for

OR,

In Print Preview, I get

-member out of range 489 R_FGS

-If I retry, the program aborts

-If I do not abort then I receive the ROPROTECTIONMAN error, and have to task manager to close and multiple is not on.

I have tried 'centering' to no avail.

All help welcome, thanks

Hi...I am receiving this error (three times now) when the program locks up while attempting to create a source...it happens under these conditions for me:

1. Open event tag using "edit" from the person detail screen.

2. Select "+" to add citation.

3. Select "binoculars" to look up source.

4. Select "add" to add a source.

5. Select "Marriage (Church - Certificate)" as source type I want to add.

At this time, both the Source Add form opens and the Q-Card window opens. When I shut the Q-Card window (select "Next Session"), both the Source Add form and the Q-Card form closes, and the program locks up (and so do many other tasks on my PC).

The only way to get out of it is to force the system to shut the program (Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Manager, End Task for TMG).

Upon ending the task, I receive a prompt asking if I wish to back up. On selecting no, I recieve the ROPROTECTIONMAN error (Unknown Member).

After selecting "OK" for that, the screen goes back to show the Q-Card, and upon selecting "Next Session" I receive a second error reading "Alias 'File_I' is not found. 6457 DELCITEXH."

I am running Windows 7 in 64bit.

When I can finally shut the program down and reopen it, everything seems okay until I try it again. Current work-arounds are:

1. Create the source using the master source list option and THEN assign the source to the event directly.

2. Use the "+" to add a new source, rather than "binoculars" to look up source types to create that way.

I've found several other instances wherein this glitch occurs...will try to document what happens carefully to send in...so far I am finding ways to work around the glitches (I suspect there's some challenges with Windows 7 64bit).

Val Lovelace

Val -

I also am running v7 64-bit and followed your good instructions - and cannot reproduce it. Try it without the cue cards and see if you still get the error. You can turn them off in Preferences / Program Options / General / Show cue cards. Do the other glitches seem to relate to the cue cards?

Virginia

Val -

I tried it again - and did get your error. The first time I tested it I had Reminders selected in Preferences (which I think you did not). I turned that off and now I see your error. Try it with Reminders turned on and see if that makes a difference in your case:

Preferences / Options / Program Options / DataEntry / Open Reminder window automatically.

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for such a fast reply!

I first turned off the Cue Cards...and got the reminder window and the Source Def window pop-ups. Was able to create the source (I did not go on to create or select a repository for this test) and did NOT get the error.

Next I went back to preferences and turned the Cue Cards back ON and turned the reminders OFF (deselected OPEN REMINDER WINDOW AUTOMATICALLY on the Data Entry tab).

Retested: No error. Interestingly, I don't get a pop-up for the cue cards either. May require a program restart to activate that change? (I used the binoculars option to look up source type, then "add" to create one.).

Turning off both seems to be a good preference to avoid the error...and I don't see a bunch of hiccoughs (flickering images) going between screens like I was before. I get these on generating reports too (almost as if the program can't quite settle itself on what needs to happen).

Val

Val -

I also noticed there were no cue cards after I had unchecked and rechecked that option. Are you hindered by the limitations on reports in v7 64-bit (no output to word processors)? The new report writer in v8 does not have that problem with 64-bit.

Virginia