Pat Norton

TMG US V7 and TMG UK V7 are they compatible?

I have and use the TMG 7 UK version, and I would like to know if I can run the TMG 7 US version on the same PC or Laptop at the same time [ignoring the licensing question for the moment]. This is just to compare the different place styles, for a training session at our local TMG Users Group.

Are there any special installation requirements required?

Can they run simultaneously using same project, or would I need to run a separate copy of the same project?

My PC runs on Windows XP Pro, and my Laptop runs on Vista Home Premium.

Uh? There is only one TMG program. The UK edition just has some special customizations added after installation of the program.

You can create a project (or even just a data set in an existing project) with the UK edition and then change the settings for a data set in that project to US features.

Change the default data set styles and the styles in the Add Person template to the US styles. Initialize source types to Mills. The only thing that you can't change is the Custom Styles settings in Preferences.

When you use that project, change the language to English (U.S.).

You can run two installations, one US edition and one UK edition but it isn't necessary. To do so, you need to install to different users (for example, all users and your user). The installations will be completely separate... You use different program folders and different data file folders will be created based on the program folder names.

You can also de-UK an installation and change it back to the US edition.

Uh? There is only one TMG program. The UK edition just has some special customizations added after installation of the program.

You can create a project (or even just a data set in an existing project) with the UK edition and then change the settings for a data set in that project to US features.

Change the default data set styles and the styles in the Add Person template to the US styles. Initialize source types to Mills. The only thing that you can't change is the Custom Styles settings in Preferences.

When you use that project, change the language to English (U.S.).

You can run two installations, one US edition and one UK edition but it isn't necessary. To do so, you need to install to different users (for example, all users and your user). The installations will be completely separate... You use different program folders and different data file folders will be created based on the program folder names.

You can also de-UK an installation and change it back to the US edition.

Thank you for your reply and help Jim.

Sorry about the delay in answering as I have been away.