DougG

Installing on new notebook PC

I just got my first notebook PC and would like to install TMG on it so that I can use it for reference and do updates while travelling. I have two questions about this:

1) Does the TMG license permit me to install it on my notebook PC while still keeping in my desktop PC? It seems like most software products these days have loosened up on this, allowing you to install on multiple PCs as long as you are "using only one copy at a time", which would be the case.

2) I originally owned TMG 4 and have upgraded to every version since then. What do I have to do to install TMG 7 from scratch on my notebook, given that I don't have a pre-existing older version already installed. This is always one problem with purchasing product upgrades that require proof of previous ownership during installation: if you get a new PC or reformat your current PC, you end up scrambling to find old installation disks, registration keys, etc. By the way, the notebook is running Vista Home Premium.

Edited by DougG

1) Does the TMG license permit me to install it on my notebook PC while still keeping in my desktop PC? It seems like most software products these days have loosened up on this, allowing you to install on multiple PCs as long as you are "using only one copy at a time", which would be the case.

Yes, you can install on up to three machines, so long as you don't use more than one copy at a time, as stated in the license agreement here.

2) I originally owned TMG 4 and have upgraded to every version since then. What do I have to do to install TMG 7 from scratch on my notebook, given that I don't have a pre-existing older version already installed. This is always one problem with purchasing product upgrades that require proof of previous ownership during installation: if you get a new PC or reformat your current PC, you end up scrambling to find old installation disks, registration keys, etc.

Not a problem with TMG. Just install a full version (the "30-day Trial" version is the easiest one to find) and unlock with your TMG7 serial number. TMG doesn't require an older version be installed - the upgrade pricing is managed through the issuance of serial numbers.