DougG

Keeping multiple PCs in sync

If I install TMG on my new notebook PC, but use that only when travelling and want my "master" database to remain on my desktop PC, what is the best way to transfer data back and forth? I guess I could just package up a .SQZ file and copy it between the PCs, but managing that could probably get to be tricky.

Does anyone else do this, and what techniques do you use to keep from accidentally overwriting data?

If I install TMG on my new notebook PC, but use that only when travelling and want my "master" database to remain on my desktop PC, what is the best way to transfer data back and forth? I guess I could just package up a .SQZ file and copy it between the PCs, but managing that could probably get to be tricky.<br /><br />Does anyone else do this, and what techniques do you use to keep from accidentally overwriting data?

I just backup to a sqz file and email it to myself then copy it down to my other computer. I use gmail so I have plenty of email space and since my backup file is not to big yet gmail ends up housing all my backup files.