nbradley

List of Events Report - Filters

I have had joy in the past filtering using the P1 & P2 capability in the List of Events Report for both sides of a Marriage. Now I'm trying to filter for a Child based on a Flag set for a Parent and I'm failing! Help!

I have had joy in the past filtering using the P1 & P2 capability in the List of Events Report for both sides of a Marriage. Now I'm trying to filter for a Child based on a Flag set for a Parent and I'm failing! Help!
Hi Neil,

It is not clear what you are trying to do in the List of Events, but it would depend upon what event tag you were filtering on. However, note that the Relationship tag type is not considered an "Event" and is not listed in the options in a List of Events filter for "Tag Type Group is". Unless the child is a witness/role to an event of the parent, I don't think you can use List of Events to accomplish this.

Depending upon what you want to do, maybe you could use a List of People based on the Flag for the Parent and then set a second Flag for the Children. This would be similar to the process used to create the Related Flag that Terry talks about on his web page, but working towards descendants rather than ancestors.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Edited by mjh

Michael

I was trying to set flags for parents married between a range of years and then filter for their children who had missing birth tags or incomplete information. I've pretty much ended up doing as you suggest using the List of People Report which is working reasonably well. I guess I was hoping for too much from the unique capabilities of the List of Events Report.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by nbradley

You're welcome. While there may not always be a direct way to do what you want, with the flexibility of TMG there is usually some way to accomplish your goal. Glad you found one.