Priscilla

Administrator and Limited Accounts XP

I have found that I have to be logged into the adminstrator's account on my XP computer if I want to add anything in my TMG genealogies. Is there anyway to get around this? Kind of a pain to be using the limited account on the Internet, find something to add to TMG, and then have to switch accounts.

The question is whether you installed the program as an all users installation or as a single user installation. You have to make that choice on, I believe, the third step of the installer dialog.

I suspect that you installed a single user installation.

In your case, you should have installed an all users installation while running from an administrator account. Then all users should be able to use that installation.

You can uninstall and leave the data folders intact. Delete any remnant program folder. Reinstall an all users installation from your administrator account.

Hopefully, that should resolve the issue.

It's been over two years and I suspect I did install it as a single user. I was really ignorant about the difference between limited and administrator accounts when I switched over to Widows XP. Reinstalling may be more trouble than it's worth. At least now I know what I did wrong. Thanks.

Was this an installation problem???

TMG is taking over!

Each time I turn on my computer, a whole bunch of processes start at once:TMG opens, the Wholly Genes website opens, vcf opens, etc.

When I turn on my computer, I may just want to check my email. I have to close about 10 windows!

Where can I find settings to tell the whole software package that I don't want it open unless I TELL IT to open?

Was this an installation problem???

TMG is taking over!

Each time I turn on my computer, a whole bunch of processes start at once:TMG opens, the Wholly Genes website opens, vcf opens, etc.

When I turn on my computer, I may just want to check my email. I have to close about 10 windows!

Where can I find settings to tell the whole software package that I don't want it open unless I TELL IT to open?

This is not normal behavior. It sounds like you are starting from sleep or hibernation mode and these processes were running before you put the machine into that mode. The obvious thing to try is to close all open processes, shut your machine down, and then restart and see what happens.

Please call or email Support and work through the issue with them.