Hi

I recently upgraded to TMG7 and have successfully converted my files and all is well in most respect. I upgraded due to a new laptop which has Vista installed.

On my desktop, everything seems fine, but on the Vista laptop, when I open VCF, the toolsbars are spread over 4 lines. I moved them to occupy only the top two lines. But when I next opened VCF they had moved back to their original positions. This loses me two lines of screens and is a definite nuisance. Is there any setting I can tweak to make them stay where I put them?

Tom

Hi

but on the Vista laptop, when I open VCF, the toolsbars are spread over 4 lines. I moved them to occupy only the top two lines. But when I next opened VCF they had moved back to their original positions.

Tom

I can't tell that you are experiencing a Vista effect or a V7 effect. This has always happened to me on all previous versions and OS's. It has been reported in the past (long while ago). I believe it is something to do with switching between a resized VCF window, a full-screen VCF window, and the use of multi-monitors. Also although the VCF toolbar positions are saved in the registry it is obvious that depending on the way you open VCF those saved values are not always on honoured. If you can identify better the chain of events that allow it to use your previously saved settings I would appreciate knowing your observations.

In the meantime, I know of no certain fix for this problem.