Neetz

Error when adding name variation tag, v7.01 bri

I get the following error when using crt "v" [no quotes] to add a name variation tag

2008.04.18, 20:46:04 2199Error building key for index "c:\tmg backups\my project_n.cdx" tag "Sort5". 14 FRMNAMETAG.MGETEVENTTYPE

If I click "ignore" the name variation screen comes up & I can fill in the date, given name, surname, & add a citation. Then, when I click "ok" I get the "edit name style tag" with the style name highlighted & "Title, Prefix, GivenName, PreSurname, Surname, Suffix, OtherName, SortSurname, SortGiven " already in the style name box. I do not use style names at this time. Clicking "ignore" brings up the dialogue "Are you sure that you want to lose changes to this screen?" even though I have not made any changes. Clicking yes, brings me back to the tag for name variation. This time I tried clicking on the "name style" button, which I noticed says U.S. Standard Place, this brings up the Master Style List with the U.S. Standard Name & another error box "variable 'LNPOS' is not found. 5MASTERSTYLELIST.RNDSID_ASSIGN. Clicking "Abort" brings me back to the tag entry screen with my name variation, clicking "OK" starts the whole mess over again with the "Edit Name Style" screen.

I have to click "Yes" to cancel out & lose changes, no name variation tag appears. Going up to "File>Edit>Run VFI" brings up "No problems found"

I can successfully add a name variation tag in the sample project.

I originally had this same problem in v 7 and after sending in an error report, Phil from tech support responded that v 6.12 had some issues with indexing names that didn't present a problem in v 6.12 but did pose a problem in v 7. He advised me to wait for the next update when this problem would be fixed.

After closely looking at the tag entry screen, I have now noticed that the where it says "tag type" is blank. Even going into the drop down box & selecting "name variation" from the list, sets into motion the entire error process.

ErrorMarker: Error building key for index "c:\...\my documents\the master genealogist v7\projects\my project_n.cdx" tag "Sort5". 14 FRMNAMETAG.MGETEVENTTYPE

Any help would be appreciated.

Anita Reid

Guest PhilDee

Anita,

This seems to be a problem related to the earlier problem you had in 7.0. A couple of other users have experienced the same problem and I've chatted briefly with Bob about it.

Phil

Anita,

This seems to be a problem related to the earlier problem you had in 7.0. A couple of other users have experienced the same problem and I've chatted briefly with Bob about it.

Phil

OK Phil, thanks. I'll wait.

Anita

Anita,

Please make a backup of your project including only the project files, accents and filters. Upload the backup to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab. You don't need to tick the compress checkbox since the backup is already compressed.

When you have completed the upload, send me an email with the name of the file that you uploaded by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram