nbradley

Manual Flag Changes & Last Edit Date

I was very pleased when Version 7.0 rolled out and I discovered that the Last Edit Date was no longer updated when a Flag value was changed. Now I discover that it was a "bug" and Version 7.01 has "fixed" it ........... very very sad.

Neil,

How are you changing your flags? If the change is made by using the Secondary Output of reports there is a Preferences setting under Program Options >> Reports to have such changes not update the Last Edited date.

I was very pleased when Version 7.0 rolled out and I discovered that the Last Edit Date was no longer updated when a Flag value was changed. Now I discover that it was a "bug" and Version 7.01 has "fixed" it ........... very very sad.

Huh? The bug that was fixed was a refresh issue. After editing a flag and saving, the last edited date was not being updated until you changed the focus and returned to the original person. Now, the last edited date is updated as soon as the flag edit is saved like it should be. There has been no design change.

Iquit paying attention to the last Edited Date some time ago.

I made a tag Logedit with the sentence [DD][M]. Then in the memo I just enter exactly what I updated.

Since I'm usualy working with deceased people it places the tag at the bottom of the Detail window so I can always see what my last entry was on that person. Works a treat.

Jim,

I know that it wasn't a design change. The problem for me is that I would like to use the Last Edit Date to filter for genuine changes. As I use a lot of custom flags and I update them manually as I check filtered groups off against published databases so I end up with the Last Edit Date being a useless field.

Updating of the Last Edit Date can be controlled if you use the secondary output from the "List of " Reports hence it does not make a lot of sense to me that I can't control the manner in which it is updated for manual flag changes.