JohnJ

Tag names look odd

I created a tag for the 1910 census by copying then editing a tag for the 1900 census.

Second Site and TMG Utility report that the name of the new tag is "census19001". All the output from TMG7 and Second site is fine - it seems the internal representation of the 1910 census tag remembers the linkage to the 1900 census tag.

This makes it hard when I'm selecting which census tags I want Second Site to process.

Is there any way to force TMG to represent the tag as "census1910"?

TIA ... John.

I created a tag for the 1910 census by copying then editing a tag for the 1900 census.

Second Site and TMG Utility report that the name of the new tag is "census19001". All the output from TMG7 and Second site is fine - it seems the internal representation of the 1910 census tag remembers the linkage to the 1900 census tag.

This makes it hard when I'm selecting which census tags I want Second Site to process.

Is there any way to force TMG to represent the tag as "census1910"?

TIA ... John.

Hi John,

I don't yet have Second Site, but I do have TMG Utility. I tried to replicate what you reported a few minutes ago, and everything seems to be working OK for me.

When you created the copy, TMG would have automatically given it the name of "census19001". When you edited it to make your changes, is there any chance you forgot to change the name in the label to "census1910"?

Mike

John,

My tools show the English tag label. If you are working in another language, such as EnglishUK, then the label you see may be different from that. Try changing the English label and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, let me know. TMG's tag label translation facility has some complexity to it and we may need to dig a little deeper...

The problem was in the tag language area. With the tag language set to English(UK) the tag label displayed correctly as "census 1910"; when I changed the tag language to English(US) the tag label displayed as "census 19001". I corrected this and hey presto TMG and Second Site picked up the label correctly. Guess I'll have to look at the language settings a bit more closdely :rolleyes:

Many thanks for your help.

John.