rhube

upgrade to version 8.01 didn't execute properly

Today I attempted to upgrade from 8.00 to 8.01. The upgrade appeared to go smoothly with no problems reported. However, when I went to run TMG, the splash screen and Help About TMG both reported the version is still "8.00" as if the install never happened. Testing some of the features that 8.01 supposedly fixes also shows the fixes are not present on the system. So that would seem to indicate that the upgrade to 8.01 did not execute properly and I am still running at version 8.00. But, if I try to perform the upgrade again, the system informs me that I am already running the latest version. Obviously, something went very wrong with the 8.01 upgrade. But I have no idea as to what to do next.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to navigate out of this problem?

I'm running TMG on a iMAC OSX/Lion with Windows 7 (64-bit) running in a virtual environment provided by the latest version of Parallels.

I am running windows 7. T installed the update 8.1 which then failed to open fully or close (restarting the computer to shut it down). I ended up reinstalling TMG v8 and that seems to have solved the problem for running TMG v8.1.