Sign in to follow this  
Cheryl F

Freeman, Cheryl

http://www.genattic.com

My web site contains ancestors of my husband and I, and allied families, and is in narrative format. I created the site with Second Site, and some post-editing, including the addition of graphics, using FrontPage.

Our surnames include Bell, Brown, Burkey(e), Cox, Ess, Fletcher, Freeman, Jones, Junkin(s), Moberly/Mobley, Nave, Pollard, Shields, Smith, Turner, Vaughn/Vaughan, Weinstein, and Young. Primary locations are Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.

I love the flexibility of both TMG and Second Site. When I started planning my site, I had ideas I wanted to incorporate, including showing census detail in narrative format, and a way to browse surnames by state. Using TMG and Second Site, I was able to achieve most of my objectives with minimal knowledge of HTML.

Hi Cheryl

May I be the first to congratulate you on a very nice site. Love the presentation.

I'm currently wondering whether I "need" to treat myself to Second Site and your site almost has me convinced!! Like you, I want to do some customisations (I use Dreamweaver) but it looks like Second Site takes out the drudgery (and scope for manual error) of entering people individual by individual.

Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you for your nice comments!

I can truthfully say that if it was not for Second Site, I would still be thinking about having a web site. :) My site is still not "finished" - there are a few things I still want to change and to add - but Second Site handles the data so well. I am still adding people to my site, and it takes longer to publish my updates than it does to create them in Second Site.

Cheryl Freeman

I'm currently wondering whether I "need" to treat myself to Second Site and your site almost has me convinced!!  Like you, I want to do some customisations (I use Dreamweaver) but it looks like Second Site takes out the drudgery (and scope for manual error) of entering people individual by individual.

Keep up the good work!  :)

Cheryl,

Your site looks great. I love the format and ease of use. Wonderfully laid out.

Paul

Hi Cheryl,

A very appealingly designed site. I like the wintry image on white (are you going to change the scheme seasonally? it seems so appropriate today as I look out the window at our own snow). I also like the state bird images on your states page. And, as you focus on census data, I should say that it is very cleanly and clearly presented.

Karla

Hi Karla, Thank you for the nice comments! I don't really plan on changing the theme seasonally (I actually created the site in January when it was over 90 degrees F outside and the snowy scene looked quite appealing at the time!) The state birds have temporarily "migrated" from my site but they will be back. :)

Cheryl Freeman

Edited by Cheryl F