Sign in to follow this  
david_hall

Running V8 US & UK version on one windows 7 PC

I am trying to set up both US & UK versions of TMG v8 on one windows 7 PC using the same method I used for TMG v7 on a single XP machine. Reason? my wife is a yank and I'm a brit.

First install (UK) goes fine when signed in as "David", for a single user, in a unique (tagged with UK) folder. I can execute the samle project.

Second install (US) fails when signed-in as "Patricia", for a single user, in a unique (tagged with US) folder.

The error message reads essage .... "Error opening installation log file. Verifythat the specified log file location exists and that you can write to it"

Isthere a preferred method for what I am trying to do?

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated

David

David,

The installer works entirely differently than the v7 installer. While that seems reasonable, this installer might not allow it. I need to run some installer tests for other reasons and will test what you describe. As far as I know, it simply will not allow you to install two copies of the same version irrespective of the arrangement.

Jim

Thanks for following up Jim.

When you think of the capasbility of Windows 7 to separate one user from another ... both data and executable programs ... there should be no reason why the two versions shoulfd not exist side by side on the one physical machine.

Could it be that te installer is nor differentiating between an install for a single user and an install for all users?

Thanks

David