Sign in to follow this  
GenerationGoneBy

Probates by Elizabeth Churchett

These roles were created by Elizabeth to go with Teresa's probate sentences.

These roles were added by Elizabeth Churchett. You can reach her at echurchett@austin.rr.com.

These were added for when you had a testator with multiple heirs so that the sentences read more grammatically correct. Thank you, Elizabeth..

For these you will need the roles:

TestatorHeirMultiple , HeirMultiple, and NotmentionHM-the HM is an abbreviation of Heir Multiple. TMG only allows roles to be 20 characters.

Role: TestatorHeirMultiple

Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:] [R:TestatorHeirMultiple] made a will

<[D]> < [L]>. <[R:HeirMultiple] were listed as heirs.><[M]>

Role: HeirMultiple

Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:] In the will of [R:TestatorHeirMultiple]

<[D]> < [L]> [W] was named as an heir. <[M]>

Role: NotMentionedHM

Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:][R:NotMentionedHM] was not mentioned in [R:TestatorHeirMultiple]'s will <[D]> <[L]>. <[M]>

After playing with the sentences, Elizabeth came up with the following. I kept both sentence structures so users could pick and choose.

Elizabeth wrote: Regarding the name of the tags--I have implemented all eight of the Tags on your web site for Wills. I named all of them beginning with Estate so that they would show up grouped together in the Master Tag Type List (so I have EstateAcctngOfHeirs, EstateCodicil, EstateDivision, EstateInventory, EstateLtrsOfAdmin, EstateProbate, EstateSettlement, EstateWill). The "Other" in parentheses indicates they are in the Other group, and the "any" means the same Sentence is used for both Male and Female structures.

(Teresa's Notes: I liked this idea and have decided to make those changes in my own dataset.)

Anyway, here are my revised and newly implemented Sentences for my tag:

EstateWill (Other)—use M1 for partial or complete transcription of the will, comments on why someone was not mentioned, etc.; use M2 for names of non-family heirs or institutions that received bequests

Testator Sentence (any): [:CR:][:CR:][R:Testator] made a will <[D]> < [L]> <. [R:HeirMultiple] were listed as heirs. > <, naming [R:HeirSingle] as an heir. > <. The only family member listed as an heir was [R:HeirSingleWNonFamily]; other heirs included [M2]. ><[M1]>

HeirSingle Sentence (any): [:CR:][:CR:]In the will of [R:Testator] < dated [D]>, [R:HeirSingle] was listed as an heir. <[M1]>

HeirSingleWNonFamily (any): [:CR:][:CR:]In the will of [R:Testator] < dated [D]>, [R:HeirSingleWNonFamily] was listed as an heir; other heirs included [M2]. <[M1]>

HeirMultiple Sentence (any): [:CR:][:CR:]In the will of [R:Testator] < dated [D]>, [W] was listed as an heir. <[M1]>

NotMentioned Sentence (any): [:CR:][:CR:][R:NotMentioned] was not mentioned in [R:Testator]'s will <[D]> <[L]>. <[M1]>

These roles were added by Elizabeth Churchett. You can reach her at echurchett@austin.rr.com.

These were added for when you had only one heir, so that the sentences would read more grammatically correct. Thanks, Elizabeth.

For these you will need the roles:

TestatorHeirSingle, HeirSingle and NotMentionedHS-the HS is an abbreviation of Heir Single. TMG only allows roles to be 20 characters.

Role: TestatorHeirSingle

Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:] [R:TestatorHeirSingle] made a will <[D]>

< [L]>. <[R:HeirSingle] was listed as an heir.><[M]>

Role: HeirSingle

Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:] In the will of [R:TestatorHeirSingle]

<[D]> < [L]> [W] was named as an heir. <[M]>

Role: NotMentionedHS

Sentence: [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:][R:NotMentionedHS] was not mentioned in

[R:TestatorHeirSingle]'s will <[D]> <[L]>. <[M]>

Elizabeth suggests the following when some of the heirs were not family members. I personally just put them all in the Heir role and then put their relationship in the suffix field of the name in 5.0. This field does show up in indexes, so be sure you want to do it that way. :)

[:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:][R:TestatorHeirSingle] made a will <[D]> < [L]>. <The only family member listed as an heir was [R:HeirSingle]; other heirs included [M1].> <[M2]>

where M1 is for the list of additional heirs and M2 is for the same

purpose as M in the Sentences above. (I am using it for a transcription

of the will).

--Teresa's note. I would put the additional heirs in M2 and the transcription in M1, just to be consistent. If you do, you would need to change the sentence.