Robert Jacobs

Need filter for non-primary tags

I have discovered a death tag in my data which was not marked primary. The result was that SecondSite did not display the fact or date of death. How can I filter to discover other non-primary death tags?

Hi Robert,

I haven't tested it, but the following filter should work:

Death...  # of Tags  > is greater than  0  AND  x  Death...  # of Tags  = Equals		   0  END

Notice that there is a box in front of the "Field" column where you specify the tag type. If checked it restricts that condition to Primary tags. So the first condition (without the box checked) finds people that have at least one Death tag, but the second (with the box checked) finds those that (also) have no Primary Death tag.

This filter can be used on either a List of People report, or on the Project Explorer.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Hi Robert,

I haven't tested it, but the following filter should work:

Death...  # of Tags  > is greater than  0  AND  x  Death...  # of Tags  = Equals		   0  END

Notice that there is a box in front of the "Field" column where you specify the tag type. If checked it restricts that condition to Primary tags. So the first condition (without the box checked) finds people that have at least one Death tag, but the second (with the box checked) finds those that (also) have no Primary Death tag.

This filter can be used on either a List of People report, or on the Project Explorer.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Indeed it has given me ideas. Thank you so much, Michael. I wondered what that check box was for!

All good wishes,

Robert

Hi:

I am not sure this is the correct place to post but my problem is this on the individual detail page where Type should be is Filtered and this was like this when I opened my TMG 8 for the first time. Not sure how it arrived and I have tried a bunch of things to remove it but they don't work. I can't get the V8.02 says I am up to date.

Thank you in advance for help

Cassandra

Cassandra -

In the Details window, rightclick - and on that rightclick menu look for 'Filter for...' and uncheck 'Non-witnessed events'. That should make the red Filtered notation go away.

v8.02 is not available right now. It is on temporary hold for an install problem.

Virginia