Sign in to follow this  
JohnR

Tag entry font size

I see this was raised in the V8 forum. Please may we have a way of increasing the font size within the tag entry because as I get older, grumpier and more irascible, which is not helped by failing eyesight and the Windows' grey, I find it hard to edit entries. Those font options that I am allowed to change are all in the region of 14pt but the tag fields seem to be limited to 8pt.

While it's true that the absolute size in the data fields is fixed at 8 points (unless you change the system settings)...

The fonts enlarge as the screen size is increased when you select...

File / Preferences / Program Options / Other / Use the TMG 5/6 method of window sizing

So when the Tag Entry screen is increased in size, the font in the data fields also increases in size.

The effective result is a font much larger than 8 points.

See the screenshots. The crop is from exactly the same size area of my screenspace. You can see how much the effective font size in the original screenshot is increased in the adjusted screenshot.

The Tag Entry screen in the original screenshot is set to the default size. In the adjusted screenshot, I've maximized the program window and maximized the Tag Entry screen so that it completely fills the program workspace. So that's as large as I can make the data entry font. (The maximum effective font size that you can achieve depends both on your display size and on the maximum resolution of the display.)

original.jpg

adjusted.jpg

Simple (and I'm talking about myself) when you know how. Thanks, and may all your Easter Eggs turn out to be gold.