duff

tmgfilename_g.fpt is missing or invalid. 137 FIX_52

I've just upgraded both tmg and gensmarts to the most recent versions. Installations went fine, but when I try to restore and open my tmg file in tmg, it does the restore fully, then the whole metering progress of opening the file, right up to "Checking...1/8 names", and mostly through that, when I get the following error(s) in tmg:

Memo file C:\...\tmg\tmgfilename_g.fpt is missing or invalid.

137 FIX_52

ignore gets same mess with

138 FIX_52

ignore that gets

139 FIX_52

Then the meter continues until it errors again in that same sequence of 3 numbers, infinitely.which ignoring then will not sway the meter.

Abort is then the only choice, after which the file opens.

I saw a previous post with a similar but different error, where the admin recommended go back to original file in tmg6...optimize, validate, reoptimize...no compression for backup....did all that....hours...over several days. no luck. same problem. What next?

The prior post to which I referred also suggested that admin might be able to tweak something else in the file if it is a very large file, which it is.

May I try that, or have you any other possible solutions?

Both TMG & GenSmarts worked great, together or standalone, on the previous versions that I had.

I have screen shots of the errors, if that's helpful.

Thanks

:blink: I could really use some guidance here. Could an admin please ring in? I've gotten a little help on a parallel posting at GenSmarts, but for now the problem appears to be with TMG.

Thanks much.

Though as I noted, the file opens, I get additional errors when I attempt to work with the data....say, switch to another person...but not every person I might switch to.

Memo file C:\.......tmgfilename_G.FPT is missing or invalid. 863

FRMDETAILS.CNTEVENTLIST.MPREPAREEVENTS3

for example, when I switch to a rather detailed spouse of the person who comes up first on file opening.