taleese

How to put children with their mothers in d'Aboville narrative report?

I am required to run a Descent Indented Narrative report using d'Aboville numbering system. When the father has a multiple marriage, his wives are listed with him, and then all children resulting from all marriages listed collectively beneath. They are not shown with their own mothers. For example, in the report below, 9.7.5.5.1 Robert Astor Price, 9.7.5.5.2 Faraba Elizabeth Price, and 9.7.5.5.3 Doris Evelyn Price are issue of first wife Stanley Snodgrass, but 9.7.5.5.4 John Lewis Price is issue of third wife Margaret Newman.

How can I show what wife had what children? >Thanks for the help!!

------------------------

9.7.5.5 Robert (Bob) Lee Price (1897) was buried at Green Acres Cemetery, Vicksburg, Warren Co., MS. He was born on 27 May 1895 at Claiborne Co., MS. He married Stanley Snodgrass (1898) on 15 Jul 1915. He married Margaret Newman (1905) in Dec 1924. He married Margaret McCaskill (1902) in Dec 1931. He died on 8 Apr 1979 at Warren Co., MS, at age 83.

9.7.5.5.1 Robert Astor Price (1899) married Laura Tanner (1906). He married Evelyn __ (1910).

9.7.5.5.2 Faraba Elizabeth Price (1900) married Paul Jones (1912).

9.7.5.5.3 Doris Evelyn Price (1901) married Paul Fitzgerald (1904).

9.7.5.5.4 John Lewis Price (1903) was born on 21 Jun 1946.

I noticed this very annoying problem, also, there is very little detail for the spouse. Why can the Journal report give the detail (plus more in Miscellaneous Options) but not the Descent Indented Narrative, a very simple yet annoying TMG inconsistency.

This is my limited solution before regrettably using the Journal report instead.

<> Add the parents (PAR) to your sentence for Birth e.g.

[iTAL:]BORN[:ITAL] <[D]> <[sUB:]([PAR])[:SUB]> <[L]> <[M]>

This gives e.g. (son of Thomas BIRKETT and Ellen DAWBER)

It’s a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut and adds a lot of text, but it shows the parents, no matter where the individual is listed.

<> I also add PARO to the marriage tag which adds a little spouse information. I also use this in the Journal. e.g:

[iTAL:]MARRIED [PO][:ITAL] <(aged [AO])> <[D]> <[L]> [sUB:]<([PARO])>[:SUB]<[M]>

Whilst FTM 2006 has a much inferior database to TMG, its equivalent Outline Descendant Tree has no problem putting children with the correct parent and also includes full spouse details. However I cannot find a way of including memo/notes detail in the FTM report. (N.B. as far as I can see FTM 2009 does not yet have a Descent Indented Narrative).

Once again I feel TMG do not do justice to their database by "skimping" on report development.

Jim Orrell