Sign in to follow this  
leelee

How to create a file of images of people who have not been identified

I recently upgraded to tmg v.8 and am trying out Second Site v.4 for the first time (wow!). I have about 30 old photographs from the 1800s that I would like to post on Second Site in hopes that web visitors could help identify them. How do I create a file of images that are not attached to people in my database and then how do I transfer that to Second Site?

Lee,

Here's an example, http://www.dvelten.net/vaf-o/utz_album.htm (not my site). In the example you gave, the images of unknown people don't have to be added to TMG as Exhibits. In Second Site, you can create links to images using SS Slideshows or as Terry suggested, SS Image Galleries. If you opt for slideshows, they can be set to start automatically or not. You can create similar image galleries using not just unidentified people, but anything else, e.g., an album of tintypes, album / scrapbooks where someone long ago wrote stories on birchbark leading into an album of photos - many with captions, but very few people identified. You can add captions (outside of TMG) in the image properties called IPTC/XMP metadata, and SS gives you the option to show those metadata captions. As Terry noted, I also recommend using the SS support forum on google groups.