I am trying to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.01 from the "Check for Upgrade" in TMG. However, each time I get "An error occurred...." I know that the computer is connected to the Internet; I've never had to deal with any "proxy" settings. What is causing this and how do I get 8.01?

Thank you.

You can get the installer from the Wholly Genes website (www.whollygenes.com).

For the U.S. installer, click on the 'Download a 30-day Free Trial' link.

The problem was resolved by updating to v.8.1. One of the tech support people at TMG responded to my trouble report about inability to merge two sources. Fortunately this update also resolved the "check for updates" not functioning. Note that I did backup my data set. But as the email below says, updating to 8.1 did not appear to change my data. It came back at the point it was before uninstall/install. In addition, the 8.1 fixed the problem of being unable to "check for updates" My serial number was also intact despite installing the "30 day trial" update.

Go to our web site and download the Free 30 Day trial of TMG. SAVE that download to your computer. Uninstall TMG V8. This will NOT affect your data. Run the file you just downloaded to install TMG V8.01. Use the same installation criteria you used for the original install i.e. for all users...