3 replies to this topic

#1 Judsi

Judsi

Senior

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer, family, history, computers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

I was trying to remove the TMG 7 since loading the v8. I also removed other stuff relating to it in the registry since I am comfortable doing this. Anyway, I had to do a restore due to another problem with something else, sure enough the v7 was back in and now I cannot uninstall it at all. It tells me the installlog is not there. I tried to find it and even loaded the v7 disk to find it in the properties files and cannot find it. Can anyone help on this please? Thank you.

#2 Robert Jacobs

Robert Jacobs
  • Senior Members
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hiking, formal shooting competition

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

The original TMG7 install/uninstall file got lost in the shuffle. In Windows 7 it's found in C:Program DataThe Master Genealogist . . . Installer. The "Program Data" folder is normally hidden, so to see it you'll have set your explorer options to "show hidden files and folders."

I suspect that the cleanest way to deal with this is to reinstall v7 and then uninstall it. Alternatively, you could just delete all the v7 files and then use a registry cleaner to remove the débris. If it were my machine I'd go for option 1 -- much less chance of error as a result of tinkering with the registry.

Hope this helps.

R.

#3 Judsi

Judsi

Senior

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer, family, history, computers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the info. I had the options already set previously for other things. I did reinstall the v7, went through the whole thing but it didn't exactly overwrite the original one and when I went to uninstall, that one came off but the original one was still stuck in the programs and features. So I decided to just go back into the registry and do a FIND for all the v7 and finally got it off. I've done computers for a long time and many times had to do registry to completely remove certain things, especially some that came from the internet and wouldn't come off. The v7 was a little bit of a problem but now fixed.

Thank you for replying and letting me know of a different way to do it too.

#4 Robert Jacobs

Robert Jacobs
  • Senior Members
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hiking, formal shooting competition

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm glad you got it fixed -- all good wishes.

Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users