Sign in to follow this  
Judsi

Removing TMG7

I was trying to remove the TMG 7 since loading the v8. I also removed other stuff relating to it in the registry since I am comfortable doing this. Anyway, I had to do a restore due to another problem with something else, sure enough the v7 was back in and now I cannot uninstall it at all. It tells me the installlog is not there. I tried to find it and even loaded the v7 disk to find it in the properties files and cannot find it. Can anyone help on this please? Thank you.

The original TMG7 install/uninstall file got lost in the shuffle. In Windows 7 it's found in C:Program DataThe Master Genealogist . . . Installer. The "Program Data" folder is normally hidden, so to see it you'll have set your explorer options to "show hidden files and folders."

I suspect that the cleanest way to deal with this is to reinstall v7 and then uninstall it. Alternatively, you could just delete all the v7 files and then use a registry cleaner to remove the débris. If it were my machine I'd go for option 1 -- much less chance of error as a result of tinkering with the registry.

Hope this helps.

R.

Thanks for the info. I had the options already set previously for other things. I did reinstall the v7, went through the whole thing but it didn't exactly overwrite the original one and when I went to uninstall, that one came off but the original one was still stuck in the programs and features. So I decided to just go back into the registry and do a FIND for all the v7 and finally got it off. I've done computers for a long time and many times had to do registry to completely remove certain things, especially some that came from the internet and wouldn't come off. The v7 was a little bit of a problem but now fixed.

Thank you for replying and letting me know of a different way to do it too.