I am running TMG 8.08 with WIndows 8 (64 bit) on an HP Envy dv7 (Intel i7-3630QM) with 12GB of RAM.
I use TMG with the French Language.
Today, I needed to create a tag for the 1861 Canadian census. Since it had many similarities with an existing tag, the 1871 Canadian census, I decided to copy the tag. The existing 1871 tag contains many roles that apply to the 1861 Canadian census tag that I needed.
After copying the tag, renaming it and adjusting the roles, I immediately started using it, but TMG is very very slow at responding when I use this tag.
The existing 1871 Canadian Census tag is named “Rc 1871”.
Here are the steps that I used to create the tag:
- Tools > Master Tag Type List.
- Selected “Rc 1871”, then clicked “Copy”.
- Answered “Yes” to “Are you sure that you want to copy the “Rc1871” tag type?”.
- The newly tag was created and was named “Rc 18711”.
- Double-clicked on “Rc 18711” tag.
- Modified the Label field to “Rc 1861”.
- Modified the Past tense field to “Rc 1861”.
- Modified the 20 roles to reflect the 1861 census.
- Clicked on “OK”.
Issue with using the new tag:
- Press <F4>.
- Double-clicked “Rc 1861”, then the waiting begins (at least 30 seconds)
- Add the ID # for the principal. No issue.
- Click “ajouter un témoin” (yellow plus to add a witness). Waiting again (over 10 minutes).
- Add the ID # for the witness. Waiting again.
- Select a role.
- Click OK.
With several witness to add, this process takes almost an hour for 1 family. Not very productive. With a large amount of data to analyze, this is very frustrating.
This is the second tag that I have that is now producing the same kind of result.
I reported a very similar issue previously:
Edited by Legergenealogist, Yesterday, 08:45 AM.