• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:48 PM

The Project Explorer is a very helpful window but it is not open in the Standard Layout so a lot of users never discover it. There is a button on the toolbar (just to the right of the yellow ones) to open the Project Explorer. Then you can resize, sort, filter, and scroll the window. Click on a plus sign to "drill down" through descendents.

This tip was originally published in the Wholly Genes Newsletter, 22 December 2003.

#2 GenerationGoneBy

GenerationGoneBy
  • Senior Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:51 AM

The Project Explorer is a very helpful window but it is not open in the Standard Layout so a lot of users never discover it. There is a button on the toolbar (just to the right of the yellow ones) to open the Project Explorer. Then you can resize, sort, filter, and scroll the window. Click on a plus sign to "drill down" through descendents.

You can also set it to have more than one line, so if you want to have the ID number and the dates a person was born and died, you can read all that information. Then open up the descendants, and this becomes a very handy feature when entering wills or census witnesses, because their ID numbers are right there on the screen for you. B)

#3 Neil

Neil
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

This tip was originally published in the Wholly Genes Newsletter, 22 December 2003.

I don't see two yellow buttons on my toolbar. I'm using v7.

#4 Terry Reigel

Terry Reigel
  • Moderators
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

Neil,

It depends on which toolbars you have active, but I don't see them either in the current Standard Layout. But here's a screenshot of the Toolbars visible in the Standard layout, with the Project Explorer button outlined in red:Capture2.jpg
Terry

See my Tutorials and Articles on using TMG at tmg.reigelridge.com

The Second Edition of my book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, is now available
. For more information see my website.

#5 nharmon

nharmon
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

What does the the (sp) next to some person names on the project explorer mean?

#6 Terry Reigel

Terry Reigel
  • Moderators
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

The (sp) means "spouse" - of the person above - to distinguish the spouse from the children, who appear at the same level in the display.
Terry

See my Tutorials and Articles on using TMG at tmg.reigelridge.com

The Second Edition of my book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, is now available
. For more information see my website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users