Jim Duffy

Custom Marriage Tag

Custom Marriage Tag

I have modified Terry's multiple marriages tag as a lot my records show whom the person was that performed the marriage and some show their age at time of marriage.

Did not want to add the unrelated person into the dataset so that person go into (M1), grooms age go in (M2) and brides age go in (M3) like: Priest F.X. Daniels||43||34

Groom's would read:

James Joseph Duffy married Harriet Frances Rounds, daughter of Charles Albert Marr and Elizabeth Bridget Kavanagh, on 26 Aug 1939 at 386 Hancock Street, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA. Married by Priest F.X. Daniels. At time of marriage his age was 43.

Bride's would read:

Harriet Frances Rounds married second James Joseph Duffy, son of John P Duffy and Annie Kelly, on 26 Aug 1939 at 386 Hancock Street, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA. Married by Priest F.X. Daniels. At time of marriage her age was 34.

Note:

If there is no street address in the detail place style then I would change <at [L]> to <in [L]> so it reads in Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA instead of at Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA.

Principal:

Male sentence: [P] married [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage his age was [M2]>

Female sentence: [P] married [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage her age was [M3]>

Witness: [W] attended the wedding of<[WM]> [P] <and [PO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.

Bride:

Male sentence: [P] married [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage his age was [M2]>

Female sentence: [P] married [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage her age was [M3]>

Groom: (same as the Bride sentence)

First:

Male sentence: [P] married first [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage his age was [M2]>

Female sentence: [P] married first [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage her age was [M3]>

Second:

Male sentence: [P] married second [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage his age was [M2]>

Female sentence: [P] married second [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage her age was [M3]>

Third:

Male sentence: [P] married third [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage his age was [M2]>

Female sentence: [P] married third [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage her age was [M3]>

Fourth:

Male sentence: [P] married fourth [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage his age was [M2]>

Female sentence: [P] married fourth [PO] <[PARO]> <[D]> <at [L]>.< Married by [M1]>. <At time of marriage her age was [M3]>

Jim in Pahrump, NV

Jim,

You can do the same thing by using the age variable in the sentence in place of your memo. This way you don't have to input anything TMG automatically figures out the age for you.

[P] married<, at age [A],> [PO]<, age [AO]> <[PARO]> <[D]> <[L]> <by the [R:Minister]> <[M]>

I've also chosen to use roles for the Minister as the same Minister typically performs more that one type of service within a given area. This way I can see all the services that a Minister performs such as Funerals, Marriages and Baptisms. I then use the memo field for extra details that I may want to include.

Kevin

Dayton, OH

http://www.scholderer.org