Sign in to follow this  
sis1of4ch

Exhibits not displaying and recreating the report error

I just added 11 exhibits to my file, I fixed and sized (they are all wallet size) them then added to my exhibit file, most were a main exhibit. Ran a small (11 people, about 20 exhibits) journal listing and the 11 new exhibits do not display only the original ones. I have the checked the properties on each one and they are the same as the exhibits that do display. They are all external exhibits and I don't remember ever having a problem before adding additional exhibits.

Also if I run the report and do not delete the report before running again, I get the message that the file is alread there do I want to override, answer is yes, then error message pops up "the output file c:\users\ so on.......doc is in use by another application or cannot be deleted." this is a new error, I tried closing everything down and restarting and still get the message. I am using Windows 7 and 64bit.

All all exhibit files located in the same folder?

When you open the Exhibit Log and set the filter to all exhibits, do any show a frowny face icon?

What is the file type of the exhibits that don't show in the report?

What are the exhibits not showing linked to?

Have you set the appropriate options on the report Exhibits tab?

All exhibits are external and located in the Exhibit file under TMVv8, they are all JPEG files. I have a rather large data base and several hundred exhibits. I recently received 11 new pictures. I sized them, put text to them under Photoshop Elements like I always do, then I moved the pictures into the exhibit file. I attached the exhibits to the correct persons, did a backup. Then I created a Journal report on just the family that contained the new pictures (there were already about 30 or so pictures, then I ran the report. The original pictures displayed the new ones did not. After doing some checking I removed all the pictures, disconnected them, redid everything re-connected and tried again with the same results. Then because I am having trouble when I run a full report with all my exhibits not displaying, I tried removing & dis-connecting and putting in just one of the new pictures and one older picture that I had decided not to use, I got the same result neither picture displayed. After removing all pictures again I noticed that if I take all the pictures out, run the small report, when it goes through the CONVERT it goes through and finishes, if I add any other additonal pictures and run the report, during the CONVERT it says "Not Responding". I cannot find anything about an error on not responding. I have done a properties on all the pictures and they look identical

I went through and moved several of my exhibits out of the exhibit file. Then I removed them from TMG. I then ran a backup and checked that the pictures were not included. Then I checked the properties on all the exhibits to make sure they were the same there are 11 newer exhibits and 9 older exhibits. I added them back to the exhibit file, then added them back into TMG by person number. Then did another backup checked that all 20 exhibits were in the file correctly and added to each person correctly. Then ran a report. The original 9 exhibits display properly the 11 new exhibits do not display. What am I doing wrong?

I have finally found the answer to this problem today. Discovered from talking to a friend that one of the buttons on my Photoshop Elements programs had accidently been switched, under Format Options instead of using Baseline - Std I was using Progressive. Since they were still JPEG files and looked the same I could not understand why TMG was rejecting them. When I removed the exhibits and recreated them under Baseline and re-attached them they worked as they should. Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

Still have a problem though trying to create a Journal Report with lots of exhibits, the first hundred or so exhibits will display properly and then the rest all just appear as empty boxes. It does not always stop on the same family or group of pictures, if I start the report later it will again print the first 100 or so stopping on a different group of pictures and then go to the empty boxes again. I have tried the convert and get the message "There is not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture" also cannot save the file. I have a new computer with lots of memory and disk space. I have done maintenance and did not have this problem with V7 using about 400 exhibits. Anyone out there have a solution?????