amoffet

"Extra" father-bio tag on some records in database

After upgrading to V9, I noticed that I now have additional father-bio or mother-bio tags on some people. The father/mother relationships appear as expected below the name, but there may be one tag in the tags pane as well. Deleting the tag preserves the relationship from the person to their parent, but deletes the relationship from the parent record (They no longer appear as a son to the mother, for example). I have to manually go and replace that relationship I have lost.

Has anyone else seen this?

Alan

Is this imported data? If so there could be some cleanup issue with the import code. If this is an import, what's the source of the imported data.

Same response for your other topic.

Alan -

Where you are seeing the additional -bio tags, are the parent-child relationships marked as Primary? In the parent's view, the children would have asterisks (or be Bold, depending on your preference in the Tag Box options).

Virginia

Alan,

I'm using TMG v8, but have had the same thing happen. To answer Jim's question, in my case, it was with imported data from a gedcom file that was generated by Family Tree Maker 2012. What I found to work was to select the father-bio or mother-bio tag in the tag pane, and then click to make it primary. This removes the extra tag and also preserves the relationship. When I just simply deleted the extra tag in the tag pane, the relationship was lost just as you describe. It seems that the import process is somehow causing the primary mother/father designation to be lost when it adds the additional father-bio or mother-bio tag.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Edited by Dan Stone