Judy M.

Marriage excluded but "no children..." still there!

By request I have excluded a family member's first marriage, especially because there were no children of the marriage. However, the journal report still shows that "There were no known children of...." Is there any way I can avoid having that included in the journal report?

I excluded both spouse ID#s and both sentences. Based on the exclusions, there is no reason that the spouse should show up in the subject's Journal report. I get the same result and can't find any workaround other than editing the Journal report.

Judy,

I think this would work:

Create a "Marriage Hidden" tag or something like that, but make sure it's in the "Other Event" group, not in the "Marriage" Group. That way TMG will not recognize it as a marriage tag. Exclude the Sentences in this Tag so it will not appear in reports.

Delete the current Marriage Tag, and replace it with your custom Tag so you don't loose your record of the marriage. 

You need to define a custom Tag Type in the Marriage Group, perhaps named "Marr-Sens", identical to the Standard marriage tag type.  Use this Tag Type for this couple. Don't bother about excluding anything in this tag.  Now when you run your reports use the report options to select tag types and exclude this sensitive tag type.  And when you run reports for yourself you can include that tag type and all will look normal.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Michael

Thanks for the ideas. I'll see what works best for me (other than simply including an excluded anecdote so that I have the info for myself).

Terry's idea worked best for me. Michael, there didn't seem to be an option (at least not that I could find!) to exclude the sensitive tag type as you described.

Judy,

Journal report / Options / Tags tab / Tag Types / select 'Selected'

Then omit the custom tag type from those marked selected.

Jim

12 hours ago, Jim Byram said:

Judy,

Journal report / Options / Tags tab / Tag Types / select 'Selected'

Then omit the custom tag type from those marked selected.

Jim

Ah, okay. I will make a note of that for future reference, as it will be useful for other issues. Thanks!